Tuesday, April 29, 2014

C4T Semester Long Chosen by Me Summary Post #3

Final C4T Summary Chosen by Me

Thank You Card with Thank You in many different languages
In this summary post, I just wanted to say "Thank You" to Dave for his blog and the many tools he have inspired me to use. I told him after attending the NCTM (National Conference of Teachers of Mathematics) conference in New Orleans this past week, I understood what was offered and what he has to go through to determine what is useful and what is not. I told him, believe it or not, I have used Desmos a lot and have explored Geogebra some because he has directed me to those resources and I love them. I also told him that I've also used other resources but wouldn't have known about them without him so I said "Thank You" again for being amazing and sharing with us (readers of his blog).

Funny Cartoon that basically states Blame Everything on Teachers
This is a summary of a comment I left on Jeff's blog posting called, "Keeping it Real". I stated that when I came across his post I knew I had to read it when I saw "Keeping It Real". I told him as a future educator, I want to know what some of the struggles are that some teachers have faced. I told him that I believe whatever stories he has, although it may seem like it is just happening to him, can be useful for visitors of his blog. I also suggested not sugar-coating the truth. I told him we need to know so we can be prepared. We don't want to walk in and think that it is just going to be easy (which if anyone does that, they are in for a rude awakening anyway), we want to know the "stone cold" truth. I said, for example, I hear that a lot of times the students aren't really hard to deal with. I hear that it is more of the politics of education and the administration that most people have problems with. Is that true? Please enlighten me and others whether it be through your posts or through comments. I am sure there are a lot of people out there who wish to know. Lastly, I thanked him for reading my comment.

Picture of an African American boy in a school setting
This is a summary of a comment I left on Jeff's blog posting called, "Every Child Deserves an Advocate". I stated that this was a wonderful post for a new teacher. It showed that even a teacher that has been in the field for a while can care about students so much that they will not give up on them. I told him that this is the type of teacher I hope to be. I stated that I want to be the one that they say is crazy for helping those that they believe will never succeed. I stated that I believe everyone can be successful but they need someone who will show them this. I told him that the students he talked about that were having issues at home already felt like they wouldn't make it. I told him if we can be an ally to these students, that would mean the world to them. I stated that he was right we he stated they may not make the best grades especially during these trying times, but that does not mean that they are not just as intelligent as the student sitting next to them. I finally told him that we have a long way to go, especially in the urban schools, and we need agents (allies) in the field like him. I stated that as an agent in the field, he is doing God's work by helping these students and it doesn't matter what anyone else says. In God's eyes and the eyse of the students he has reached, he has done well.

No comments:

Post a Comment